Toktok bilong yusa:Aliasd
Thankyou Aliasd for your help. You are Awesome! --Jose77 21:41, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
- I've copied in Common.css and Monobook.css from en.wikipedia, and now country infoboxes (Papua Niugini), wikitables (Ileksen bilong PNG palamen, 2007), etc., appear much better - shift-refresh to get the new CSS. From here I was thinking of perhaps doing some local tweaks. Some of the styles on other projects are quite good - French and Italian Wikipedias have some interesting ideas. Cheers, Wantok 03:07, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
- Ahh! Forgot the css! thanks :) At the moment you can't break much, so now is the time to make those changes if you want to! Aliasd 03:10, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
Deleting my Karen Afeas contributions.[edit source]
I took the liberty of deleting my contributions in the Karen Afeas template because as the sole author of those contributions I have the absolute right to delete them if I wish to do so.
I don't know where, or how, you came up with the peculiar idea that authors are not allowed to delete their contributions to a Wikipedia once they have been contributed. It would be helpful if you would cite the Wikipedia rule (or rules) that support your opinion, rules which will clearly demonstrate that I am in error. How about a week? Think you can find an applicable rule or rules by then? Let me know on my TPI or EN Wikipedia talk page if you do.
Since I was careful to leave the template as I found it (empty), should I delete my text again you will certainly have to defend any charge of "vandalism" against the counter-charge I will make against you for retaliation, vindictivness, and "non-Wiki" behaviour towards a legitimate user.
Rather than get into a petty, juvenile squabble with you over the content of the "Karen Afeas" column, I suggest that a reasonable solution for both of us would be for either you or Matt Andrews to follow my lead and begin writing and contributing your own Karen Afeas text instead of copying mine. Certainly the need for you and Matt to increase the Tok Pisin base by recruiting authors whose first or second language is Tok Pisin will, after a while, relieve the two of you of the time and effort needed to keep the Karen Afeas column regularly updated and current.
If you and Matt are not willing or able to update the Karen Afeas template, then perhaps to avoid further controversy over your using my text you might consider adding images to the template instead of text. That's what I was doing with "Dispela wik" for the past several months. Since images I recently added to "Dispela wik" have since been deleted and others recaptioned, you and/or Matt obviously are capable of adding images instead of text into the Karen Afeas template. K. Kellogg-Smith 03:05, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
- When you contributed to Wikipedia, you did so under a free documentation license. By submitting work here you license it to the community, and cease to be the owner. Revocation of the GFDL is not permitted. See here. You will notice that on the English Wikipedia, users who persistently attempt to revoke the GFDL get banned. I have no problems enforcing the same rules here. Aliasd 04:48, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
- Furthermore, Please keep a civil tone when dealing with other users here (myself or otherwise). Understand that you were stripped of your sysop powers here for good reason, and that through co-operation here you could learn much from Wantok and myself of Wikipedia policy, guidelines and procedure. The rules were here long before you or I, and we do not dictate them. Aliasd 05:03, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
- Slight correction: Aliasd said By submitting work here you license it to the community, and cease to be the owner above. In fact, by default (unless, for example, that user states that they are releasing all contribs to the public domain), the editor retains full copyright and ownership of contribs. They can do anything with the contribs that they would have been able to do had they not contributed it to Wikipedia. But as dictated by the GFDL, they can't revoke permission for others to use that content. Cheers --Jeremyb 11:51, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
- Thankyou, quite correct. Aliasd 13:10, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
I removed your rights here, as they expired. Thanks for the understanding. m:user:Effeietsanders 13:30, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
- I believe the steward that promoted me gave me until late October. Of course I understand, but I think there is misunderstanding. Aliasd 04:45, 3 October 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, the initial term was until 22 October. I've left a note on Effeitsanders' talk page. Wantok (toktok) 04:52, 3 October 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, you're right, my mistake. Sorry! (I wish this would go automaticly, no mistakes would be made...) m:user:Effeietsanders 09:39, 3 October 2007 (UTC)