Wikipedia:Haus bilong toktok/Community portal archive 1
- 1 Bung wantok long Tok Pisin Wikipedia
- 2 Yu ken halivim
- 3 Taim bipo
- 4 Tok Pisin
- 5 Stewards election
- 6 Bot flag in meta for BOT-Superzerocool
- 7 Administrators
- 8 Bot request for User:Byrialbot
- 9 User:SieBot
- 10 Local RfA process
- 11 Policies
- 12 Bot status for PipepBot
- 13 Tok Pisin translation for Wikipedia software
- 14 Logo
- 15 BotMultichill
Bung wantok long Tok Pisin Wikipedia[edit source]
Sapos yu laik toktok long sampela samting bilong Tok Pisin na Wikipedia, yu ken raitim long dispela pes.
Yu ken halivim[edit source]
Taim bipo[edit source]
Tok Pisin[edit source]
I would like to find and meet with a native Tok Pisin speaker here in the Washington DC metro area. Please look for my user/talk page and/or email link under the english wikipedia "TTLightningRod". I am looking for someone interested in working with me on a new embassy encyclopedia article. Respondent should be willing and able to accompany me to the Papua New Guinea Embassy here in DC. Hope to hear from you, take care. Erin
Stewards election[edit source]
The stewards election has started on m:Stewards/elections 2005. Anyone can vote provided that he has a valid account on meta with a link to at least one user page, on a project where the editor is a participant, with at least 3 months participation to the project. Stewards can give sysop right on projects where there are no local bureaucrate. Please vote ! Yann 16:27, 22 May 2005 (UTC)
PS: Please translate this. Thanks. Yann 16:27, 22 May 2005 (UTC)
Bot flag in meta for BOT-Superzerocool[edit source]
I request bot status an this wiki in order to update interwikis.
- Bot User: User:BOT-Superzerocool
- The bot uses pywikipedia software and is constantly updated with CVS.
- Hi, I put now the info in my page. Sorry for my error... :P Superzerocool 04:59, 1 April 2006 (UTC)
- Access granted. The Meta request has been moved to the archives. —steward Pathoschild 23:08, 24 December 2006 (UTC)
See http://tpi.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Listusers&limit=250 Robin Patterson 04:43, 11 June 2007 (UTC)
Bot request for User:Byrialbot[edit source]
Hello! Sorry for not speaking Tok Pisin. I ask for a bot flag for my interwiki bot Byrialbot so it will not fill the recent changes page with interwiki updates.
- Bot account: User:Byrialbot (contributions)
- Botmaster: User:Byrial
- Botmaster's home project: da:User:Byrial
- List of botflags on other wikipedias: als:, am:, an:, ang: ar:, arc:, ast:, az:, bat-smg:, be:, be-x-old:, bg:, bm:, bn:, bs:, bpy:, ca:, cdo:, ce:, ceb:, co:, cs:, cv:, cy:, da:, de:, dv:, el:, en:, eo:, es:, et:, fa:, ff:, fi:, fo:, fr:, frp:, fur:, fy:, ga:, gd:, gl:, he:, hi:, hr:, hsb:, hu:, hy:, ia:, id:, ie:, ig:, ilo:, io:, is:, it:, iu:, ja:, jv:, ka:, kk:, kl:, kn:, ksh:, ku:, kw:, la:, lb:, li:, ln:, lt:, lv:, mi:, mk:, ml:, mr:, ms:, nah:, nap:, nds:, nds-nl:, nl:, nn:, no:, nov:, nrm:, oc:, os:, pam:, pdc:, pms:, pt:, qu:, ro:, ru:, ru-sib: scn:, sco:, sh:, simple:, sk:, sl:, sm:, sq:, sr:, su:, sv:, sw:, ta:, te:, tg:, th:, tk:, tl:, tt:, uk:, ur:, uz:, vec:, vi:, vls:, vo:, war:, wo:, zea:, zh-classical:, zh-min-nan:, zh-yue:
- Purpose: Interwiki
- Technical details: Update interwiki links using Pywikipediabot (constantly updated with svn) normally starting from da:, nn:, no: and sv:. It mostly runs manually assisted and I try to solve found interwiki conflicts when I can.
I know that you have no bureaucrats here who can grant bot flags, but I need consensus from the local community before I can ask for the flag at the Meta-Wiki. So please tell your opinion. Thank you! Byrial 08:42, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
Local RfA process[edit source]
I'll write this in English, as I believe all our active users at present have better English than Tok Pisin. I'd like to initiate a discussion about basic policies for this Wikipedia. That's a big discussion, and one that will probably continue for ever in various aspects, so I think we need a special page for it. So please make your way to Wikipedia:Ol polisi (Policies) to see the current state of proposed policies, and go to Wikipedia talk:Ol polisi to participate in discussion. Cheers, Wantok 07:38, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
Bot status for PipepBot[edit source]
Hello! I ask for permission to run my interwiki bot PipepBot here, and to get a bot flag for it.
- Operator: it:User:Pipep
- Purpose: Interwiki
- Software: Pywikipedia
- Has bot flag at: als, am, an, ar, ast, az, bat-smg, be, be-x-old, bn, bs, ca, ce, ceb, cs, cv, da, de, en, eo, et, fo, fr, frp, fur, fy, ga, gd, hr, ht, hy, id, ie, ilo, io, is, ja, ka, ksh, la, lb, li, lij, ln, lv, mk, ml, ms, nap, nds, nds-nl, nn, no, pms, rm, ro, roa-tara, ru-sib, scn, sh, simple, sl, sq, sr, su, sv, te, th, tl, udm, uk, vec, vo, wa, zea, zh-yue
- Details: Interwiki using Pywikipediabot. It mostly runs manually assisted. May run automatically in some cases.
Thank you! --it:User:Pipep 19:11, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
- Sure, but the bot flag is not all too necessary because we still have a practically nonexsistant community. Aliasd 23:12, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
- Fell free to run your bot. Aliasd 23:13, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support. Once we have admins here PipepBot should have the bot flag. Cheers, Wantok 00:56, 20 August 2007 (UTC)
Tok Pisin translation for Wikipedia software[edit source]
Hi all, I'm currently doing a Tok Pisin translation of the MediaWiki interface (the software that drives Wikipedia). That means that, eventually, all the navigation at top and left, and all the messages you see on pages that come from the software itself (rather than text entered by other users) will be in Tok Pisin. (However, if you're not comfortable with that, you can change your preference to English easily enough, of course).
Some of the key terms could be translated in various different ways, so I thought I'd give you a sneak preview of what terms I'm using, in case you have objections or better suggestions:
- Article: Pes bilong buk (literally, book page). This is a tricky one, as the simplest way would be just to say pes (page), but we need to make a clear distinction between an article page and other pages. I'm not entirely happy with buk (book), but it does reinforce the idea that the "core" of the site are the article pages - i.e. the pages of the encyclopedia, the "book". A shorter variant could be buk pes. A different approach could be stori or stori pes, although that could be somewhat confusing.
- Watchlist: Lukautbuk. Again, a bit tricky, as there's no real word for "list" in Tok Pisin. I've created this term lukautbuk as a combination of lukaut (watch, watch over) and buk (book, in the sense of a register or repository of information).
- Move: Surikim. There are a couple of other Tok Pisin terms that could be used, like putim, suvim, or even senisim nem (change name), but surikim is clearest, I think.
- Category: Grup. We have been using the transliteration kategori here until now, but it doesn't really exist in normal Tok Pisin, and grup (group) means the same thing, really.
- Login: Login and Logout: Logaut. These are not current Tok Pisin words, they're just transliterations, but there's no simple term in TP to cover this - the only thing that comes close is kam insait and go ausait, but that implies that you have to login to enter/use the site. Clarity wins, so the (somewhat awkward) transliterations are probably the better option.
- My preferences: Ol laik bilong mi. Literally, my likes or my wishes.
- link: link. Again, just a transliteration - there's no obvious (and clear) existing Tok Pisin option here - except perhaps rot (road), but that is likely to be confusing in itself.
- template: templet. A simple transliteration - I don't think there's any existing Tok Pisin word to adequately cover this.
- media: media (olsem piksa). A full translation would read like "things like images, sound and video files": too long and unwieldy. While media is not particularly good Tok Pisin, I think media (olsem piksa) - literally, media (like images) - should be clear.
No doubt there will be more tricky phrases that come up as I work through it. Comments welcome. Cheers, Wantok 02:44, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
I'm about to request a new logo. There are a couple of ways to translate The Free Encyclopedia - such as Savebuk i fri or Buk bilong save or Haus bilong save i fri or similar, but really they all seem pretty awkward and unclear to me, so I'm proposing that the logo simply say:
- long Tok Pisin
Speak now or forever hold your peace :) Wantok 07:32, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
Hi, i request a bot bit for BotMultichill.
- Botmaster : Multichill
- Bot's name : BotMultichill
- List of botflags on others wikipedias: about 100+ atm (see meta:User:Multichill for the current list)
- Purpose: Interwiki (pywikipedia)
- Technical details : BotMultichill is an interwiki bot starting at the Dutch wikipedia. The bot uses the pywikipedia framework and runs day and night in autonomous mode. Sometimes the bot will run in manual assisted mode to solve interwiki conflicts. Multichill 16:07, 6 September 2007 (UTC)